About Me

My photo
A farmer's daughter living the dream of becoming an Agricultural Educator. I am studying Agricultural and Extension Education at Penn State University. I have passions in Horticulture and Floral design. I am thoroughly excited to share my passions and 'homegrown' agricultural experiences with others.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Practicing for the Job Interview

The thought of a job interview always makes me nervous, and I'm not sure why. I think I get so nervous because I don't want to make a mistake and I know the interview process is the most important process of determining my likelihood of getting a job.

On Wednesday, April 6th I had the great opportunity of meeting with Mrs. Heather Venne, our school Principal at Kennard-Dale. Of course I was nervous, but I am beyond blessed to have the experience and practice my interviewing skills.

To prepare for the interview process I completed a standard Pennsylvania teaching application as well as submitting a cover letter and a resume`. I felt prepared for my interview in which I feel confident in my abilities to answer interview questions. Mrs. Venne and I participated in a mock interview just as it would be like for real.

Mrs. Venne asked me very in depth questions that really made me think about my understanding of education and especially my philosophy of agricultural education. Some of her questions challenged me and allowed me to use my 'tool box' of knowledge to demonstrate my abilities to be an effective teacher.

I had the opportunity to explain my SLO and how I was conducting research to gain a greater understanding of meeting the needs of our students.

After my interview I had the opportunity to talk to Mrs. Venne and gain feedback on what she expects to see in a job interview. I gained valuable feedback from Mrs. Venne and I was able to leave our mock interview with a great recommendation from our Principal.

My interview went very well and made me feel very confident in my abilities to conduct professional interviews in my future.

~Ms. Timmons

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a beneficial professional development experience!

    ReplyDelete